November 12, 2009

Baking Blitz: Caramel Cream Sandwich Cookies


These cookies always make me think of Christmas because ever since I got the recipe I’ve made it every year in December (and I plan to do the same this year!). It’s a great recipe for doing with someone (team work with the icing and forking) and it’s great to serve to guests or to eat while watching a movie (it brings back memories just writing about it!)

Rating: I give these cookies a 4 almost a 5 (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")

Cookies:
¾ cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 cup Butter
1 Egg Yolk
2 cups Flour


Frosting:
1 tbsp Butter
1 ¼ Icing Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla
4-5 tsp Milk

Cookies: Heat oven to 325. Combine brown sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk; beat well. Add flour; beat well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes (you don’t have to do this but it’s easier to work with if you do)

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Fork each cookie to indent and flatten. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cool.

Frosting: Combine butter until lightly golden; stir constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining frosting ingredients. Add enough milk for desired spreading consistently; beat until smooth. Spread 1 teaspoon of icing on one cooking, sandwich another to each iced cookie.

Tip: They freeze great, and are best served chilled. Try to make sure you cook them not till crispy but soft; there’s best that way, to me at least!

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

1 comment:

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!