December 10, 2009

Baking Blitz: Yuletide Slice



My mom used to make this one all the time when we were little and it’s super fun to do with kids (as I remember from doing it when I was one!). I couldn’t find it for a while but then I found it on the Kraft website (they have some good recipes!)

I did it with my now husband last year and he loves this one! If you love chocolate and colored mini marshmallows this one’s for you!

Rating: I give these a 4 (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")

4 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate (or that amount in Chocolate Chips)
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Milk
½ cup Icing Sugar
1 pkg Fruit Flavored Mini Marshmallows
1 pkg (200g) Flaked Coconut

In a microwave melt the chocolate chips, butter and milk (takes about 2 minutes). Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add icing sugar; stir until well blended. Gently stir in marshmallows.

Sprinkle ¼ of the coconut onto a sheet of wax paper. Spoon ¼ of the chocolate mix over coconut: roll into 8’’ log, with coconut completely covering the outside of the log. Repeat this three time for the rest of the mix with additional sheets of wax paper. Wrap logs tightly in the wax paper and refrigerate for three hours or until firm.

Take out, slice and enjoy!

Tip: This slice freezes really well and is even really tasty frozen.
Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!